Community solutions to benefit all Montanans
The mission of the Montana Farmers Union Foundation is to create new opportunities and contribute to the growth and enhancement of Montana agriculture and rural communities.
Tax deductible contributions benefit communities and individuals through:
- Youth Scholarships
- Meat Processing Curriculum (with MSU Northern)
- General Community Development Projects
FUNDING – SCHOLARSHIPS – OPPORTUNITIES
Food Box Program
The economic downturn associated with COVID-19 caused financial challenges for Montana families and farmers. With the help of MT Farmers Union & other partners, Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center began packing 571 boxes per week with fresh, local produce to be distributed to families in need. Learn more
The MFU Foundation is proud to carry on the tradition of supporting education and cultivating leadership in our youth. Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors or continuing college students who are MFU members.
Through a Montana Meat Processing Infrastructure Grant (MMPIG), MFU will partner to develop a Mobile Harvest Unit and work to advance a meat processing program at MSU Northern- a cooperative project that is key to building a more resilient food system.
Donate to support the advancement of the meat processing curriculum.
YOUR DONATIONS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Your donations directly benefit local communities and support agriculture and sustainable food systems. The purpose of the MFU Foundation:
- To further education on rural and agricultural issues within the State of Montana for both adults and youth
- To provide resources for rural economic and cooperative development within the State of Montana
- To seek out, properly invest, and distribute grants and gifts made to the Foundation, and distribute the same, subject to any limitations on gifts received in accordance to the Foundation Bylaws, policies, vision, and values
- To support expressed needs for improvements in the agricultural education
- To identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, groups, corporations, foundations, and agencies who share the vision of enhanced agricultural outreach and education and rural economic development and who may be in the position to invest in that vision.
- To inform the residents of Montana about opportunities available to them to invest in agriculture and agricultural education and rural economic development through mutually beneficial gifts of time, money, or property to the Foundation.
WHAT IS MFU?
Montana Farmers Union is a statewide grassroots organization working for family farmers, ranchers and rural communities through conferences, scholarships and other educational opportunities as well as legislative representation and support for producer-owned co-ops.
Whether you live in the city or the country, Montana Farmers Union is working for you.